Super Mario Meringue Clouds
There is something about Super Mario Bros that changed my life forever. I've been a fan since 1986, ups.
So I've made a simple tribute to the classic side-scrolling game, the Super Mario meringue clouds.
Swipe the mixing bowl and the whisker with vinegar to make sure all equipments are grease free.
SUPER MARIO MERINGUE CLOUDS:
3 eggwhites (measure them on a scale in grams)
sugar (double as much as the eggwhite in grams)
1 tsp of vanilla
1/2 tsp of cream of tartar (can be excluded)
100 g white chocolate
30 g cream (3%)
blue food colouring
50 g daim
1. Start whisking your eggwhite (with cream of tartar added) on a low speed in your food processor (to build up the protein). When big bubbles start to form, change to high speed.
2. Add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time.
3. Whisk on high speed for 15 minutes. The meringue is supposed to look smooth and glossy. Check the meringue by robbing it between your fingers to see if there is any grains of sugar, if there is whisk for another five minutes
4. Add the vanilla. Whisk a couple of minutes.
5. Pipe the meringe with a 6 mm tip on a bakingsheet with premarked clouds (transfered from a post-it, easy made).
6. Bake the meringues in the middle of the oven on 100° C for approximately 40 minutes. The meringue is ready when it easily pulls away from the baking sheet). If not bake for some more minutes.
Note! Bake one single meringue first to make sure the oven time is right.
Now le's make a piping bag! It's easy to make and perfect for piping chocolate or royal icing. No piping tip needed and easy to regulate tiphole with a pair of scissors.
1. Take a bakingsheet and fold it double. Trim one side of the baking sheet so you have a folded square.
2. Cut the square in two
3. Now, with the longest side upwards and the tip down, fold one side of the sheet.
4. Sheet folded into half a cone.
5. Fold the other side.
6. Cross the three tips til they resemble a W
7. Fold in the tips
8. Cut with a pair of scissors or rip a flap, then fold it over.
9. Fill the piping bag. Then fold the sides over and roll them down like in the picture. Now cut a small hole at the tip and the pipingbag is ready to be used.
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
3,5 parts of white chocolate
1 part cream (3,5%)
1.Chop the chocolate to small pieces
2.Heat up the cream and add the chocolate
3.Let it cool down until the consistency is firm, and then pipe it out.
NOTE! I added one tsp titandioxide to the chocolate ganache to make the colouring more clear and less yellow. You can buy that here, cacas.no
Then I added a few drops of food colouring paste, also bought at cacas.
Poor the blue chocolate ganache in the bakingpaper piping bag.
In the middle of the cloud I put some daim.
Now the Super Mario Meringue Clouds are done. A piece of cake!